Astroturf Snowsport Xglide
-9 || $475.00
Astroturf Snowsport Xglide. Stiffer bristles deliver excellent glide properties on tubing runs and lift terminals.
For over thirty years, AstroTurf® SnowSport Surfaces have delivered predictability and 4-season operations for wintersports facilities. This is the original polyethylene, injection-molded, glide matting material. Highly respected throughout Europe and Asia, and now available in North America from RRS. With an outstanding reputation on indoor and outdoor slopes, AstroTurf® SnowSport surfaces offer the ideal solution for link & lift solutions, summer skiing & snowboarding and tubing facilities.
Colors: Available in White for skiing and snowboarding, on-hill applications
- Aesthetically pleasing. White AstroTurf® looks like fresh fallen snow and is easy to keep clean
- Durable. AstroTurf® is easy to maintain and the material holds its shape - will last for years
- Will not adversely affect ski and snowboard bases or edges
- Closed-cell design is a more “gentle” surface that offers numerous advantages over injection-molded tiles
- Restricts snow from compacting and causing icing on its surface
- Adding a 20 mm thick foam under-pad enhances performance (Not necessary for link and lift)
- Installs easily to a wide variety of substrates
Skis and snowboards require a low-friction surface in order to glide, even as they generate resistance to their direction of travel as the ski or snowboard is pressured in reverse camber. Gliding requires low friction, while carving requires resistance. AstroTurf® SnowSport surfaces with their 19 mm pile bristles offer effective gliding characteristics, while the stiffness of the bristles provides sufficient resistance for carving.
AstroTurf® SnowSport Surfaces will extend your season by weeks or months and offer the opportunity of an additional revenue steam during the off-season. It’s the right product, the right price and at the right time (ref: The Ski Area Recreational Opportunity Enhancement Act. S.382/H.R.765)!
AstroTurf® SnowSport Installation:
There are a different methods of laying the material depending on the use, how permanent the installation will be, and the cost factor involved:
1) Lift terminals (onto plywood): Screws & washers (or glue if desired).
2) Semi-permanent ski/snowboard surface: Mortar mix/PVC sheeting/Foam/Turf: Lay PVC sheeting on top of mortar foundation - secure seams with double-faced adhesive, lay foam impact pad on top of PVC, lay the AstroTurf® on top of the pad and secure by stapling, join seams with special adhesive and seam tape, or if desired the foam can be stapled and the AstroTurf® glued to the foam (so that the staples are hidden under the AstroTurf®).
3) Permanent ski/snowboard downhill surface: Concrete/foam under pad/AstroTurf®: Attach foam to reinforced concrete with special adhesive, then use same adhesive to secure the AstroTurf® to the pad.
4) Temporary small downhill runs: AstroTurf® can be laid on the grass and stapled down.
Size: 3' x 50' roll
Made in the USA.
There is no Additional Information for this item.
For orders containing products from our Hill & Event Supplies, Sports Timing, Golf Course Supplies, or Field & Recreation Supplies categories, the freight will be calculated based on weight and package dimensions. You will be notified of the costs before shipment.
This item ships separately. Standard production time is 15 business days. Rush orders when possible are subject to additional fees.
Write A Review
No reviews have been submitted for the Astroturf Snowsport Xglide